Originally built in 1996, Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital was in desperate need of additional beds and a general upgrade in facilities to the emergency department and wider hospital grounds. The $25 million redevelopment will deliver contemporary facilities with improved patient care. The project will include a combination of new build and refurbishment of the existing emergency department. Key features include:
- An increase in area and treatment spaces;
- Enhanced emergency care for the local community;
- Additional emergency department short stay unit capacity;
- Streaming of patients to the most appropriate environment of care to reflect their level of complexity; and
- An improved emergency care experience for staff, patients and visitors.