The Logan Hospital Expansion is one of Queensland’s largest hospital expansions delivering a 48% increase on the existing bed capacity, significantly expanding the size of the hospital to cater for future growth. McKenzie Group Consulting are providing both Building Surveying and Access Consulting services on this project.
The project includes:
- Major expansion and refurbishment with an additional 206 beds and treatment spaces.
- Vertical expansion of the emergency department building, delivering 4 new floors and the ‘building-in’ of the ground floor.
- Refurbishment of clinical, clinical support & operational services support areas in other existing hospital buildings.
- Expansion of the maternity inpatient unit, birthing suites and special care nursery.
- A new multi-level carpark providing an additional 1,506 undercover parking spaces.