McKenzie Group were engaged by the architects for this project, Mantric Architecture to provide a suite of services that included:
- Building Surveying consulting
- Compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act
- Risk Consulting
This new recreational centre is the largest capital works project that Glen Eira City Council has ever embarked upon.
The Centre, known as GESAC, is one of the premier sports and aquatic centres within Australia. It has a state of the art: aquatic centre, fitness, sports, rehabilitation, wellness, café and occasional care facilities.
McKenzie Group provided consulting services that complied with the architect’s brief that the centre:
- Isolated a noisy stadium environment from the nearby residential area
- Was a comfortable environment with aesthetic appeal and high reverberation control
- Had a highly impact resistant finish
Maximised the use of environmentally sustainable products